Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slacker with a capitol S

So I've been meaning to start a blog for a very long time now. And haven't. My main reason for the hesitation is that I don't think I really have that much to say. But my new inspiration for wanting to blog is wanting to be more inspired by my work. Or maybe just more inspired by my life, and therefore more creative with my work. There are a lot of photographers out there that take on the 365 challenge. Its sort of self explanatory, but basically entails creating a new photo everyday for a year straight. It can be as broad an open ended theme, or as specific as a different stranger, or making a different self portrait. I was just on flickr browsing and came upon photographer Riot Jane that did almost 2 1/2 years worth of daily self portraits. So i figure if she can do that many with one subject I should be able to get through one years worth with an open ended theme. It will be a huge challenge as I will sometimes go an entire week without taking a picture right now. It will also be challenging because most days I'm stuck working until its dark, but I'm excited for the challenge. I think it will push me and I hopefully can create some great images in the process.

So therein lies the reason for the blog. There will be other posts, and I won't be starting the 365 project today but I wanted to at least get some words on this page so it wasn't so blank.

I also stated through my facebook page that I was going to upload one Halloween themed picture each day for the week leading up to the magical day. However I've been really bad about starting that too. When I go home tonight I intend to start that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment