Sunday, January 17, 2010

Location, location, location


I spent the entire afternoon driving around the entire city looking for new locations to shoot. Some I already had in mind and wanted to test out, others were just happened upon. I'm doing a shoot Tuesday (weather permitting) for a musician who requested an urban/gritty feel. It never rains in San Diego, but naturally when I have a shoot on a tight schedule its going to rain all week. Living in a medium sized city, urban and gritty doesn't seem like a hard request. However, they have done a darn good job cleaning up the Downtown/Gaslamp district and there is much less grit than you would imagine left behind. I traveled a little to the outskirts to find some better spots, the results of which you'll see later this week after the shoot.

We are also working on a new set of promotional images for Derek which I am very excited about. He should have a new EP coming out sometime this year and we are putting together a pretty cool concept for it. This idea may or may not include a shoot in this little magical place:
The fact that its still January and we have this amazing green grass makes me so happy. I could complain about missing east coast winters and the snow, but I can't complain about spots like this. Anyway this is going to be a very busy week photographically and I'm excited about that. I'm going to try to get Derek to do some yoga with me, then make some yummy tofu concoction. Happy Sunday!

Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment