Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Derek and I want to live in a tree house (Image Heavy)


There are a million things I love about my boyfriend. But one of my favorite things is that he enthusiastically agrees there would be nothing better than to live in a tree house, in a remote location, with little to no cell reception and birds and deer as neighbors. Not to say we don't like people or the energetic buzz of the city life, because we do. I think we've both just to come to realize how much better it feels to be surrounded by clean fresh air, and trees so tall they make you feel insignificant to the world. This is a world I grew up in. Playing house with acorns and berries in the roots of big trees. I know that is why the heart of me wants to get back there. I haven't pinpointed the exact source of Derek's desire. But I think its just because he has an old soul like me.

Anyway, Derek is in the process of recording a new album. A lot of the songs, while not intentionally so, touch on this topic. Not all in a extremely obvious way, and maybe its just more apparent to me because I know what all the lyrics really mean. So it just seemed natural to do the artwork for the album in the same fashion. We've actually done a few shoots already and while I won't disclose the exact images we are going to use, I will share a few. These Images are some of my favorite from the most recent segment that we shot over the weekend. It was hard for me to choose just a few favorite so I decided to make this an image heavy post. Here goes:




















Good Night
Kate




3 comments: